It’s only a matter of time before your computer crashes, the hard drive fails and all your data, pictures and music is lost forever. This will never happen if you backup your computer with a full image of your hard drive. Data backup is probably something everyone doesn’t think about with regards to computers.
The average person probably just downloads their pictures, videos from their camera without thinking about backup up the files. All your work is stored on the hard drive in your computer, and nowhere else.
Imagine what would happen if you’re hard drive suddenly failed, and the data was no longer retrievable? How would you feel knowing that all your hard work was gone, possible for good? There are many excuses you use not to backup your data. Let’s look at a few excuses.
- No time to backup my data. Everyone is busy today, and backing up data is not one of the items on your to-do list. There is a lot of backup software out there that can automatically backup your data with free and paid version. There are even 2.5 inch portable hard drives that will automatically backup your data once they are connected with their software. Like Western Digital passport hard drive and the Seagate Goflex are just to the hard drives. Online backup, provide another solution for backing up in the background automatically to the cloud like Carbonite and Mozy. The truth is you don’t need a lot of time or money to backup.
- My hard drive won’t crash. Hard drives are sensitive pieces of hardware that contain moving parts. Something as simple as a spike in the electric current from the outside can destroy your hard drive. Your hard drive can also suffer a mechanical breakdown. Don’t think that your hard drive is immune to viruses are another way to lose your data. All hard drives are prone to failure, and most probably do, sometimes they only last months or the last many years. The question is not if the hard drive going to fail but when the hard drive going to fail, so be ready with a backup image.
- I don’t know how to backup. I agree that not everyone is technical inclined, but backup software today makes it easier than ever to protect your data. All backup software will do a full backup and also incremental backups, just takes a little configuration to set up.asset a few minutes
- I’m not sure what to backup. Today you make full image backup that makes it very easy to make a backup. Before you would get frustrated trying to decide what folder, file and where they are located of your hard drive. So today with a full image backup there is no guesswork you get the operating system and all your data in one backup, so all you have to do is mount the backup image to retrieve your files and folders you may need.
- Do I need a lot of storage space? The good news is that hard drives have gotten larger; with a low-cost. You can purchase hard drives in gigabytes and terabytes, which should be more than enough hard, drive space to store your image backup with multiple copies.
There is now no reason not to backup your computer, with the full image backup no guesswork on what to backup, you know now that hard drives will crash but when, and your data may not be safe just in one location. So backing up your computer is a sensible thing to do, will give you peace of mind that your data is safe in multiple areas.